Chamber Betterment Grant
The Carlisle Chamber of Commerce established the Chamber Community Betterment Fund (CBF) Grant Program for the purpose of providing grants to the Carlisle community for betterment projects. The past betterment grant recipients are:
- Carlisle Public Library, Stacy Goodhue received funds for the project to digitize and make text searchable the archived collection of the Carlisle Citizen newspaper, dating from 1909 to the present.
- Carlisle City Parks and Recreation Department, Ronda Frost received money for a basketball hoop for the aquatic center.
- Carlisle Friends of the Park, Dr. Denny Woodward accepted a check to purchase mulch.
- Freedom for Youth, Katelyn Short received money to purchase books and learning materials for the after school tutoring programs in Carlisle and Hartford.
- Carlisle Public Library, Stacy Goodhue received money to be used for new permanent book shelf signs.
- Carlisle Parks and Recreation Department, Ronda Frost received money towards the purchase of a Summerset Trail Head Message Board and Information Center.
The first grant recipients were awarded in 2015.
- Carlisle Public Library received money for a new bike rack.
- City of Carlisle received funds to replace worn flags used during the Fourth of July Celebration.
- Carlisle Area Historical Society received money to go towards a new stove to modernize the kitchen at The Randleman House.
The Carlisle Area Chamber of Commerce is proud of its record of giving back to the community. In addition to the Betterment Fund Grants, the board makes donations each year to the PEACH Affair for Dollars for Scholars, hosts the Welcome Back Teacher and Staff appreciation breakfast, sponsors the 4th of July Parade, co-hosts the annual Chamber Golf Outing to raise money for Carlisle Little League and Carlisle Girls’ Softball Association, sponsors the Downtown Beautification program, and hosts PumpkinFest and Photos with Santa for the community.