Greater Des Moines Partnership
Greater Des Moines (DSM) is vibrant, growing and experiencing tremendous momentum. Metrics such as gross domestic product growth, population growth and employment growth show Des Moines as one of the strongest metros in the Midwest. The Partnership’s service area covers eight counties — Dallas, Jasper, Madison, Marion, Marshall, Polk, Poweshiek and Warren and a population of more than 741,000. The Partnership has 23 Affiliate Chambers.
Together with its Regional Affiliate Chambers of Commerce, The Partnership works to build a stronger region. The Partnership and its Affiliate Chambers crafted a dual-Membership model that combines the value of Chamber benefits with the value of Partnership benefits, meaning, by being a Member of a local Chamber of Commerce, businesses are automatically a member of The Partnership.
This dual-Membership model ensures that the organizations collaborate to promote open communication, diversity from each Affiliate and an expanding sphere of influence to engage in business development. This two-way partnership ensures that businesses in Greater Des Moines (DSM) thrive.
The Partnership supports 23 Regional Affiliate Chambers, which includes Carlisle Area Chamber of Commerce. It focuses on regional economic development and business development, and it creates an environment that welcomes and encourages business and community growth. The Partnership’s strategic initiatives affect the region as a whole: economic development, talent development, Downtown development, business resources and community development, government and public policy, and communications and marketing. The Affiliate Chambers’ programming elevates the voice of small business and creates connections for Members to access other local businesses and the community at large.
Questions about the Greater Des Moines Partnership can help you, contact (515) 286-4950 or info@DSMpartnership.com
Warren County Economic Development Corporation
Warren County Economic Development Corp (WCEDC) is a non-profit organization that works to grow the economy in Warren County and its communities by assisting new businesses in opening their doors, helping existing businesses through the process of expansion projects, responding to leads from companies looking to enter new markets, and seeking out businesses that
could potentially call Warren County home. From the initial process of feasibility studies to finding a location and working with the city or county governments to assist with the progress, WCEDC is always available to assist in every stage of business progression. In order to garner attention and make Warren County known, WCEDC has created a business-ready and thriving economic environment, one initiative at a time:
- Small Business Grant Contest – Grants $10,000 to Warren County Businesses each year
- Economic Impact Awards Event – Annual awards and recognition for top economic contributors in
- Commercial Property Inventory – WCEDC keeps a searchable database of available commercial sites and buildings in Warren County at www.wcedc.com and continuously works to match properties with potential businesses.
- SBDC Advisor Days – Every 2nd Thursday of the month WCEDC offers small business assistance in partnership with the Small Business Development Center.
- Financial Assistance – WCEDC established a Revolving Loan Fund, an Opportunity Fund, a Veteran-Owned business incentive and works to find additional funding sources/assistance for businesses.
- Warren County Leadership Institute – Facilitates annual institute that trains and informs leaders living or working in Warren County.
- Learn|Grow|Succeed – established to provide resources, technical assistance, and education to help Warren County businesses and entrepreneurs thrive.
To take advantage or these opportunities or to learn how WCEDC can help you, contact:
WCEDC at email@example.com or 515-961-1067.