PUBLIC POLICY RESOURCES FOR PARTNERSHIP AFFILIATE CHAMBER MEMBERS
The Partnership’s Public Policy team engages with local, state and federal officials to create public policy that generates economic growth, business prosperity and talent development in Greater Des Moines (DSM). The Partnership provides opportunities for its Members to connect, build relationships and continue dialogue with their elected officials. At the start of each legislative session, The Partnership hosts a pre-session Legislative Reception and Day on the Hill. Each year The Partnership leads a delegation of nearly 200 business, civic, community and local elected leaders to Washington, D.C., dubbed DMDC, to advocate with one voice — one of the largest chamber of commerce fly-ins in the nation.
What can Members take advantage of?
• Access to the Greater Des Moines Partnership’s Policy Team Andrea Woodard, Senior Vice President of Government Relations and Public Policy (awoodard@DSMpartnership.com) and Ryan Moon, Public Policy Manager (rmoon@DSMpartnership.com) to voice issues, ask questions and take advantage of other public policy resources.
• Opportunity to attend The Partnership and Affiliate Chambers hosted Legislative Reception to welcome State Legislators back to the Capitol.
• Opportunity to attend The Partnership’s Day on the Hill with other business and community leaders during the Iowa State Legislative Session and advocate priority issues to State Legislators.
• Opportunity to join the delegation of nearly 200 business, civic, community and local elected leaders to Washington, D.C. to advocate to Iowa’s federal delegation with one voice – one of the largest chamber of commerce fly-ins in the nation. This annual three-day hallmark trip takes place in the spring.
• Opportunity to attend all Public Policy and advocacy events at Member cost or no cost, including the Partnership 101 Reception, legislative luncheon, candidate forums and issue forums.
• Opportunity to join The Partnership’s Government Policy Council (GPC), made up of Partnership Investors, Affiliate Chamber Member organizations and congressional staff with the goal of shaping The Partnership’s state and federal policy agendas. Also, the opportunity to serve as a policy area workgroup chair.
• Sign up for the weekly Government Policy Council e-newsletter: DSMpartnership.com/newsletters.
• Access to the Policy Team as facilitators of candidate forums and legislative forums, speakers for policy updates to Members and a resource for tools to engage in public policy.
Check out more info you want to add here: DSMpartnership.com/publicpolicy.
For the full document CLICK HERE.