Did you know that students can. . .
- Earn CHS and DMACC credits?
- Earn money while they learn?
- Be released from school for up to 4 class periods?
- Be released from school only 1 or 2 class periods a day and work most of their hours at night and on weekends?
- Gain valuable work experience?
- Can continue to work at their training station after graduation?
- Complete Work-Based Learning class with B- or better.
- Provide own transportation.
- Get approval from Ms. Hillebrand to participate.
- Attend required meetings with Ms. Hillebrand and complete assignments.
- Maintain a WBL binder.
- Complete required paperwork.
- Deposit 10% of your paychecks in a savings account.
Students earn both CHS & DMACC Credits:
Carlisle High School
- Credit –Class
- Credits (per semester) –Work Experience
- Credit Hour (ADM 937) – Class
- Credit Hours (ADM 221) – Work Experience
Grades for WBL classes are based on the 5-point weighted grading scale.
Who can/should participate?
- Class is open to juniors or seniors.
- Work Experience is open to seniors.
- Students can take both the class and work during their senior year.
- Students planning on entering the workforce right after high school can gain valuable work experience.
- Students planning on continuing their education can earn free credit hours that will transfer to the college of their choice.
For more information contact Barbara Hillebrand, Work-Based Learning Coordinator email@example.com or (515) 989-0831